Selector Switch Options?


Thread Starter

Mike Piotrowski

In my novice application, I am trying to source a 2 position switch which I will use as an on/off switch (standard 120 V Ac input). I found a nice Allen Bradley switch, but it is available in two types: Full Voltage, or Transformer. What is the difference? What would be typical applications for either?
Usually the choice is for illuminated operators. Full voltage is <$$. Xformer style has bulb with thicker filament, survives better in applications with vibration. Also safer due to lower voltage at bulb terminals. Al Boake P.E. Nordberg 414 769-4668 [email protected]