send and recieve data with RS232 with Visual Basic

L

lar

Has anyone got vb code to send-recieve data over RS232? New at VB, need help.

Thanks.

hi hope u r fine

i had some project on VB6 through RS232 port. tell me about your requirement so i can help you.

give your personal details also.

i am from india doing automation project in PLC & micro controller based. also PC software like scada & in VB6.

regards.

amit shah

G
there is an example in the vb help (mscomm). cut it and paste it into a program. if you are using a desktop cpu with two serial ports. You can make two copies of this program and test the operation.

[email protected]

You can give the MSComm control a try. I've read plenty about it, but never had to use it so I have no practical examples.

hello we have used vb for communication between Siemens S7 plc. Plc has got a comm port and we have used freeport protocol (facility with siemens for users to use custom defined protocol)... In the vb side we have used MSComm activex control

take care
div

Hi Mr Shah,
I was happened to read your posting message re: send and receive data with RS232 with VB. I have similar problems. I was wondering if you can help me. I am doing a project using F1 controller with microprocessor M68HC11. The F1 controller has 8 analog inputs, I am using RS232 to send datas and need to display on VB. I am new to VB, but i need to display all the 8 inputs, individually and simultaneouly. Is there a generic VBcode that i can modify? or any similar project on the web that you can recommend?..

thank you very much for your time.

Regards,
YL