Send & receive custom messages to slave

M

Muditha

I need to send this message from ladder program to this slave and receive the answer message to PLC or PC

Below data is regarding the slave device

MODBUS® FUNCTIONS
The available functions are:
04 = Read input register, Allows to read the multimeter measures.

06 = Preset single register, Allows to set the setup parameters

07 = Read exception, Allows to read the device status

16 = Preset multiple register, Allows to set more than one parameter at the same time.

17 = Report slave ID, Allows to read information about the multimeter. For instance, to read the value of the equivalent phase-to-phase voltage, which resides at location 16 (10 Hex) from the multimeter with serial address

08, the message to send is the following:
08 04 00 0F 00 02 41 51

Whereas:
08 = slave address

04 = Modbus® function 'Read input register'

00 0F = Address of the required register (equivalent phase-to-phase voltage) decreased by one

00 02 = Number of registers to be read beginning from address 000F
4151 = CRC Checksum

The multimeter answer is the following:
08 04 04 00 00 00 64 63 6A

Where:
08 = Multimeter address (Slave 08)

04 = Function requested by the master

04 = Number of bytes sent by the multimeter

00 00 00 64 = Hex value of the equivalent phase-to phase voltage (100 V)

63 6A = CRC checksum

thanks

You have provided quite a bit of detail. However, you have neglected to include an actual question. Is there something that you need help with?

yes,
I need to send this message to Slave Device ( Digital Multimeter )

08 04 00 0F 00 02 41 51

after successfully sending & receive this answer from the multimeter to Master device (PLC)

The multimeter answer is the following:
08 04 04 00 00 00 64 63 6A

i think this details will help you to understand what i need & if need more ill send them on your request.

thanks

All you've told us is that you have successfully sent a Modbus request from some sort of PC or PLC to some sort of multimeter and have received an answer. You have given us a sample of a message that you sent and the answer that you received. That is all very nice to hear.

If you have a problem or question though, then state it clearly. You have said that you "need" something, but you won't tell us what it is you need. You said you need to send a message, but then you show us the message you sent and the answer you said you received. So what is the problem? Nobody here is going to spend the time to drag it out of you piece by piece.