Serial communication

M

Mecene Desormice

Hi,

My name is Mecene. I am junior programmer. I am working on project involving serial communication programming (console). I would like to know what
compiler (c/c++) should I use?

Thank in advance for your conditions et your response is important for me.

H

Heinz-Juergen Oertel

Try to use the Free Software Foundations GNU-C/C++
It contains all you may need to write your applications. Documentation is available all over the world at different Web locations
please see at: http://www.gnu.org

The compiler home page:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/gcc.html

For use with Gates OSes :
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/

with best regards / mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen

Heinz-J=FCrgen Oertel
port GmbH phone +49 345 77755-0
Regensburger Str. 7c fax +49 345 77755-20
D-06132 Halle/Saale mailto:[email protected]
Germany http://www.port.de

Y

Yibing Zheng

If you face a complex application, you can use Microsoft VC++6.0. Otherwise, to use Mscomm ActiveX component in VB is the simple method.

V

Vijaysinh Kadam

Hi,

I have done some programming involving serial communication. This programming becomes very easy when you use a library rather than using
c++ functions directly. I have used a library called Greenleaf Comm++. I had good experience with this library. It doesn't cost much and makes
programming of serial communications very easy,plus it is object oriented.

Vijay

Vijay Kadam
Automation Engineer
Fablink Corporation
Work Ph # (408) 745 0500 Ext. 310
Home Ph # (408) 297 3063

R
DOS=TurboC

*nix (Linux, Unix ....... QNX)=GNU

Anything else is overkill (and you will not learn what you are really doing
;-) )

I would never recommend using an AtiveX component for a simple console application. I recommend you to use any C or C++ compiler, preferably
GCC, because it would be easier to port to other platforms, but you can use MS VC++ if you prefer.

Regards,
Guido Urdaneta

S

Shoeb Mohammed

HI !

I'm a sun certified java programmer with hardcore exposure in real time systems ( ofcourse using VB & VC++ ) For ur application, if u want to have very efficient system then go for WIN32 api in VC++ environment. Java, VB & even MFC cannot coupup with the speed acheived with WIN32. You cant offor to make a real time system using VB' MSComm control. If u want i can give u a my dll using these WIN32 apis functions ( ofcourse free of charge ).

Bye

Shoeb Bustani
India
[email protected]

hi, I am doing some work on serial communication with a Modem. could you send me this dll that you are talking about? An early response would be appreciated Thanks and regards Pradeep Ballal [email protected]

hi, I am doing some work on serial communication with a Modem. could you send me this dll that you are talking about? An early response would be appreciated Thanks and regards Pradeep Ballal

S

Shoeb Mohammed

> hi, > I am doing some work on serial communication with a Modem. could you send me this dll that you are talking about? An early response would be appreciated > > Thanks and regards > Pradeep Ballal HI ! The dll I was talking about is for using the serial port & not for modem specifically. Rightnow i have C++ class which shows how to read write & open the ports on Windows. If it can help u let me know.

Hi, I'm student in my second year after the baccalaureat in France and I must communicate between my PC and an electronic card. I must program with the language C or C++ with API Windows but I don't suceed. Please can you help me?

S

Shoeb Mohammed

HI ! The Dll I was talking about can be used to communicate with devices connected on Serial Port. If your card is on PCI or is some kind of plugin card then it wont help you. For such kind of cards you need to write a device driver using the kit provided by Microsoft. It uses a different set of APIs (called Win DDK) & is not easy to write one. [email protected]

Hi,
I am a masters student working of serial communication. Can you please give me your dll functions for me to use. Your early response will be greatly appreciated.Please send it to the following email id. [email protected]
Thanks,
Balaji.
UNM.

S

Shoeb Bustani

HI,
Hey the dll I was talking about uses WIN32 SDK & not pure C functions. So, u wont be able to use them with ease from pure C.
regards

Mohammed Shoeb

S

Shoeb Bustani

You can really buy things but try to do it on your own, its not very difficult. Specially if u have exposure to C++ & windows. Please let me
know about the cost of Greenleaf Comm++ library. If possible I can also come up with similar library (not free of cost this time).