Serial port Communication

C

Chinmay

Hi All,

I have one Software which accepts data only through COM port. But I want to send data to that software from the PC on which it is Loaded.
So i want to FOOL that software using my program so that that software will accept data as if it is coming from some external Serial device.
IS IT POSSIBLE?
OS is windows 2000 professional
CAN U HELP ME IN THIS...

Thank U
Chinmay

C

Colin Carpenter

Not sure ... but would a simple "loop back" plug work? They're used to test comms on applications like Laplink where you're not sure if the port is actually workin. Just a case of wiring up a plug with loops.

Cheers,
Colin

Chinmay,
This may not be the most elegant approach but if you have two serial ports on your computer, you could use a null-modem cable between them and transmit the data out one port to be read by the program monitoring the other port.

Regards,
Aaron

Why don't just connect together the two COM ports of your PC? You can then write a simple program to send/receive data thru COM2 while the other
application will receive/send data thru COM1.
Transparent and flexible, without weird software solutions.

If your PC has no available COM ports you can buy an additional serial card.

regards

Luca Gallina
[email protected]

N
hello
yes very much you can,all you have to do is to short rxd,txd pin avialable on comm port
connector.i am in real short of time if you require more details then contact me.
kindly

Hi..Naresh,
Yes I am very much interested in what u r approach is...I never thought in this way...
Can u ll me more abt it?
if u need any kind of Info abt my System,software,OS plzz mail me...
My id is :[email protected]

Thanking You
Chinmay