Series Six battery replacement

J

Jett, Darin

Our aging Series 6 is due for replacement by next year (when I get the time) but in the meantime we have been informed by our GE dealer that we cannot
get replacement Lithium batteries with the attached 2-pin connector anymore, only individual batteries. And of course you're not supposed to solder on them and one of our instrument techs was unsuccessful trying that anyway.

So what do we do? Make a holder with the connector attached to it? Use acid-core solder? Find another dealer that has some in stock and buy him out? Step up my replacement plans? Any suggestions?

Darin Jett
Carbide/Graphite

T
Darin,
The series six batteries are still available with lead wires. You might try Eoff Electric in Portland Oregon. I just bought some there about 3 weeks ago.
Regards,
Tim Pegler
Pegler Automation

J

Johan Bengtsson

I would have bought a standard lithium battery (anyone with the correct voltage and approximately the same capacity, or several if necsesary), a battery case to put it in and put wires between. I don't know exaclty how it looks and what is required in your case but it seems to be the easiest. If necesary - put the battery
outside it's original place and a longer wire to it. It may not be a nice looking solutions but...

/Johan Bengtsson

----------------------------------------
P&L, the Academy of Automation
Box 252, S-281 23 H{ssleholm SWEDEN
Tel: +46 451 49 460, Fax: +46 451 89 833
E-mail: [email protected]
Internet: http://www.pol.se/
----------------------------------------

T

Todd Sanders

I Work for a company called Qualitrol International that sells and repairs GE PLC's and parts, ie, batteries. The phone number is 704-227-4651.

K

Kaj Rasmussen

Our aging Series 6 is due for replacement by next year (when I get the time) but in the meantime we have been informed by our GE dealer
that we cannot get replacement Lithium batteries with the attached 2-pin connector anymore, only individual batteries. And of course you're not supposed to solder on them and one of our instrument techs was unsuccessful trying that anyway.

So what do we do? Make a holder with the connector attached to it? Use acid-core solder? Find another dealer that has some in stock and buy him out? Step up my replacement plans? Any suggestions?

Darin Jett
Carbide/Graphite