SFC Visio Template?

D

D. Brooks Wells

Does anyone know if a Visio Template for IEC standard Sequential Function Chart symbols exists? Where can I get it?

D. Brooks Wells
Dow Corning Corporation
Corporate Facilities Engineering
Process Information and Control Engineer
Phone: (517) 496-4960 Fax: (517) 496-5419
[email protected]

C

Crystal Majercik

jD. Brooks Wells,

Due to the 1999 acquisition of Visio by Microsoft, try visiting Microsoft's
home page. There is a rather extensive list of information regarding Visio
products and instruction/user's manuals.

Best to you,

Crystal - I²T

I am not aware of any such stencils. There is a PI&D stencil, but nothing I recall that has transitions and classes of SFC's. You could use some of the OOT stencils under software.

After developing with Visio 5.0 and 2000, my suggestion is that if Visio is the tool of choice, use VBA and database to create your application. Other choice's is to use the extended framework library from Visio and creating your own stencils, events, and dialog's with Visio, VB or C, it is not that hard. Just include the library in your project. I Did something similar building an batch area model to populate a database.

Happy programming.

H
I am putting a lot of hours into my private project to improve system documentation. Are you suggesting that instead of Visio one should use VBA and database (or did you mean in addition to)?

>From: "Rod Parry" <[email protected]>

<clip>
>After developing with Visio 5.0 and 2000, my suggestion is that if
>Visio is the tool of choice, use VBA and database to create your
>application. Other choice's is to use the extended framework library
>from Visio and creating your own stencils, events, and dialog's with
>Visio, VB or C, it is not that hard. Just include the library in your
>project. I Did something similar building an batch area model to
>populate a database.

Understand your points. Two options: 1) FYI, VBA is included with Visio under the Tools/macros/vba menu. Allows you write VB for events, dialogs, processes, procedures for Stenicls and your drawing pages / templates.

Option 2:
A vendor was listening on this conversation thread and you might want to give their product a try. They sent me a message as follows:

"Please take a look at the ControlDraw web site and let me know what you think. ControlDraw, (version 1 is freeware), which does SFC's among other many other things.
Francis Lovering
ControlDraw Ltd
www.controldraw.co.uk