Shifting to ethernet

S

Sébastien

One of my systems is using modicon programmable bridge mux to convert rs-232 ascii communication from my rs-232 instruments to modbus+ to be understand by the modicon Quantum PLC. We are now planning to built a similar new system and I would like to shift to ethernet communication. What could be a good way to achieve fast communication via ethernet between my rs-232 instruments (which are not modbus) to the switch and the ethernet card of the quantum which attempt to receive modbus/tcp communication? Sébastien [email protected]

R

Robert Willis

Take a look at the NR&D QUCM-LE module which will provide you with two RS232/422/485 serial ports and a 10Mb Ethernet Port. The default configuration will support any Modicon, SY/MAX or PowerLogic protocol and can be customized to support others. Please review the information on their website at www.niobrara.com The module is installed into a Quantum backplane and can communicate using Modbus TCP/IP on the ethernet port. Regards Robert Willis Square D Company

M
Check out products by Lantronix, and Fieldserver technologies to convert Industrial Network protocols (i.e. Modbus) to ethernet. You can find info at www. industrialnetworking.com

regards, Mike Finley