Sick ultrasonic connection

A

Andy

Hi,

Problem maybe is funny for experienced person but I struggle to figure out what the abbreviations on SICK ultrasonic sensor mean. There is L+ and Q (which i know) and M, MF and NC and those I am not sure. Can anybody told me what they mean and how to connect that sensor to make it work? :)

B

Bruce Durdle

Check the SICK website for the type of sensor you are using. For instance, for the UM18-5111x, the data sheet gives detailed instructions as to how MF can be used to "teach-in" the switching distances for the object to be sensed.

http://www.sick.com/group/EN/home/p...ormance_sensors/Pages/ultrasonic_sensors.aspx

NC is probably No Connection as in one of the variants the terminal is used for a second output. From the colours, L+ is the positive supply and M is the negative.

Bruce.

O
Hi,

In the world of Sick (and many others) the NC means Normally Closed output. The opposite is NO which stands for Normally Open output.

So I successfully connected my ultrasonic sensor. I email SICK and they told me that NC means no connection (bruce is right) MF multifuntcion. M is a common in this case 0V. Thank You