Siemens 315-2DP CPU status

P

Paul Pierce

I Need to read out the status of the CPU i.e. Run, Run-P, Stop.
I want to be able to read out the status of the PLC to supply these address to SCADA for general info to the opperator interface.
The possibility to initiate a warm restart if nescessary would be helpful but not nescessary.
If any one can help with this, it would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Paul.

D

Donald Pittendrigh

This topic comes up again, the last enquiry was unresolved but I have done a bit more homework on the subject, however still don't have all the answers. One of the features of using S7 connections for PLC-PLC communications is that it is possible to restart and interrogate the status of the remote CPU even if it is in stop, which is a problem if you are using a communications block such as bsend or agsend to exchange data with the CPU. Now if you go and have a look at the Step 7 programming package, you wil find information on the blocks xget and xsend and various related commands. These can be used to perform this function. I know this doesn't help you immediately but by reading these descriptions you are likely to get some clues as to how to further your search.

Obviously if you have multiple CPU's on your network you can use them to carry out the functions of interrogate and restart on each other which you can then communicate to your scada, and your problem is solved, but this would be a "not so elegant" short cut.

Good Luck
Donald Pittendrigh