Siemens CP 1413 replacement

A

A_D

I wish to find the cheapest solution to replace CP1413 ISA card which communicate with S5 155 through Siemens Sinec 6GK1143-0TA00 (CP 1430 with TF) for Fix DMACS application by using new regular PCI network card. I wonder that Softnet-S7 or Softnet-TF on Windows NT can support this application or not. Could anyone suggest me to solve this?

S

Sharad Maheshwari

Dear Friend,

You could use Softnet-S7 as it is compatible for S5-Send Receive Communication and use standard NIC. But you will not get the same data updates as with CP 1413. For CP 1413 has on board dual port RAM and handles the protocol upto layer 4. With Standard NIC the PC RAM and processing speed is used as compared to on board CPU on CP 1413. The S5-compatible communication (SEND/RECEIVE) offers DATA TRANSFER SERVICES with S7-softnet. It supports the folowing OS : Windows NT 4.0 WS,Server ; 2000 Pro,Server editions.

Also an alternate solution is to use CP 1613 which is the PCI version form Siemens. The card has on-board dual port RAM of 16KB and handles protocol upto Layer 4. The card transfers the data to the HOST RAM directly giving higher data acquisition speeds as compared to Standard NIC's.

Regards
Sharad Maheshwari
e-mail: [email protected]