SIEMENS CP343-1 ETHERNET COMMS

L

LUIZRODRIGUEZ

I AM USING A SIEMENS CPU 312 WITH A CP343-1 LEAN ETHERNET MODULE COMMUNICATING TO COMPUTER WITH WINCC FLEXIBLE RUNTIME (HMI) PACKAGE. I AM NOT ABLE TO COMMUNICATE TO THE CPU 312 VIA THE ETHERNET 343-1 LEAN MODULE. THE COMPUTER (HMI) IS CONNECTED TO THE CP343-1 LEAN MODULE AND IS SUCCESSFULLY PINGING THE CP343-1 MODULE. I AM NOT ABLE TO READ OR WRITE ANY DATA FROM THE COMPUTER (WINCC FLEXIBLE RUNTIME)TO THE CPU 312.
I AM USING DATA BLOCKS FROM THE CPU 312 TO EXCHANGE DATA TO THE COMPUTER (WINCC FLEXIBLE RUNTIME) APPLICATION.

W

Wiwi Hartono

Hi,

If you are able to ping the CPU, you are half way there.

Would you describe your hardware setup? You have different PC running S7 Manager that connect to the CPU312 so you could simulate the datas in the data block DB ?

Have you tried using memory e.g.MW100 ? If it works with memory, it is probably the issue in defining data of DB.

L
Does the CP343-1 module have to be positioned adjacent to the CPU in the rack?. We have found that placing the ethernet module next to the CPU makes a difference. We also found that in Wincc flexible you have to input the slot address of the CPU in the "connections" window of the PLC device expansion slot.