Siemens MPI Network

Z

Ziv

I heve a Siemens MPI Network that includes:
two S7-300 cpu314, eight S7-200 cpu226 & two
TP170A. Also there is a Sitect HMI on the PC that conected to the MPI Network via a SIMATIC CP5611
the problem is that when the two TP170A are conected the MPI go dead every few minutes for few seconds.

is there any solution?

M
Go into ProTool under Controller configuration and make sure "Only Master on the Bus" is not checked on either of the TP-170's. Also, see if cyclic execution is on or off.

Mike Milton
Control Corporation of America

H

Hakan Ozevin

Try the followings:
1) Increase the system clock of TP170A from Controllers icon in ProTool
2) Make all the master and slave numbers adjacent to each other, i.e. do not leave gaps between the addresses.
3) Adjust HMA to a lower value.
4) Adjust gap update factor to a higher value.
5) Increase the baud rate if possible.

G

Gabriele Corrieri

Hi,
are you sure that the HSA (High station address) and/or each station address is correct?
My brief suggestion is checking address for each station stand-alone, and verify that there is no duplicates, than check that the HSA of all device is set to 31.

Other suggestion: put address continuosly: e.g. programmer pg addr0, first
s7300 addr1, second addr2, first S7226 addr3, last s7226 addr10, TP170A addressed to 11 and 12, cp5611 addressed at 13.

Have you check that in the properties in setup pc/pg interface, mpi window, there isn't selected checkbox PC/PG unique master on network?

Please check these points, than post again, or contact me directly.

Gabriele Corrieri
mailto:[email protected]

Hi

I have found question and answer on the subject. In my case i have:

1. Network Profibus CPU315-2DP first port- with 11-slaves and CP5611 with VB. (1.5Mbit)
2. Network MPI CPU315-2DP second port- with 5-slaves CPU224. (175kbit)

Sometimes communication last for about 5-second on MPI while normally i have 5 communication over MPI during 1-second. All addresses are different on the port and PG/PC is not set as unique master. I will be most grateful for your opinion.

[email protected]