SIEMENS PLC PROBLEM

• Thread starter MOHAMMED MOHAIDEEN RIZWAN
  • Start date
M

MOHAMMED MOHAIDEEN RIZWAN

Dear Sir
I am using Siemens-Simatic S5-95U PLC for napkins trifolding machine. In my PLC, when I apply the input analog voltage by tachogenerator to PLC
analog input terminals, the output analog voltage is not coming from the analog output module. What's the problem in my PLC?
Please send same PLC catalog. I am awaiting for your valuable reply.
Thanking you.
MY MAIL: [email protected]

H

Hakan Ozevin

Analog input is not directly connected to analog output in any PLC. There is the user software in between. That is the meaning of "Programmable Logic Controller". Please check manuals which you can download from www4.ad.siemens.de if it helps.
Then you have to check your user software (with programming tools) why a change in the input doesnot make a change at the output. Sorry, but PLC programming cannot be done by catalogue. I think you'd rather take a service from an Siemens S5 expert.

Good luck

Hakan Ozevin

D

Dobrowolski, Jacek

Hi Mohammed,

Well, tell me if you are commissioning existing (and previously working ) system or if you altered the program to add new functionality ?

Regards

Jacek Dobrowolski
Software Eng.

Automation Department
Secondary Division
ITM Poland Ltd.
26-600 Radom
ul. Warsztatowa 19a
POLAND
direct line: +48(48)3686341
fax: +48(48)3686101

It can be a lot of things. Firstly ,are you using the onboard analogs or analog modules. If using the modules ,in which slots are your analog modules in ? For the 95U ,only the first 8-slots can be used for analogs. Secondly ,have you checked the channel numbers to ensure that they are coincide ? I need to take a look at the part of the program where you are doing the analog conversion and transfer to the output module. Is it possible for you to send me a copy of that section of the program. My email is [email protected].

Thanks.
>

J

J.fallah yakhdany

Analog input is not directly connected to analog output in any PLC. you have to read
the analog iput value by using some function blocks and scale it and send it analog output .

Good luck
J . fallah yakhdany(yazd)

E-MAIL: [email protected]

Dear Sir,
Thankyou very mich for your reply.
I have given a short note for PLC combined units.
In Sanitory Napkin Trifolding Machine,we have two unwinder motors which are controlled by Siemens Frequency Inverters for varying the speed of Motor related to the main machine.
The Inverter analog input terminals are connected with PLC analog output module terminals and the PLC analog input (D type connector) is connected to the tachogenerator.
When the main machine is running, the main shaft connected tachogenerator giving analog voltage to the PLC according to the speed of main machine.
PLC NO. SIMATIC S5-95U,Part No:6ES5 095-8MA03
Analog Output Module Part No. 6ES5-470-8MA12
This unit is already commissioned one.At that time of commissioning, this unit is working properly.After 6 months this type of problem occured.
If you have an idea about this problem, please send a reply to me.

1. D type connector used for analog input.Input terminals is in PLC itself. No separate input module used.
2. Separate output module used.
3. This output module is connected in first slot.
4. All channel numbers are coincided.
5. Presently I don't have a PLC program.
Please send a reply to me.
bye
nijamudeen

Dear Sir,
In Sanitory Napkin Trifolding Machine,we have two unwinder motors which are controlled by Siemens Frequency Inverters for varying the speed of Motor related to the main machine.
The Inverter analog input terminals are connected with PLC analog output module terminals and the PLC analog input (D type connector) is connected to the tachogenerator.
When the main machine is running, the main shaft connected tachogenerator giving analog voltage to the PLC according to the speed of main machine.
This unit is already commissioned one.At that time of commissioning, this unit is working properly.After 6 months this type of problem occured.

1. D type connector used for analog input.Input terminals is in PLC itself. No separate input module used.
bye
nijamudeen

Dear Sir,

bye
nijamudeen

>Dear Sir,

bye
nijamudeen

G

G. Hossein Mazarei

Hi Mohammad,
I think for solving the problem, more information is needed, and it would be better to check the system by using a PG. I think if the device had been working in the past, the card may be damaged now, so you can send a constant signal to the output channel for testing it whether it is so or not. However, if it was not damaged I think it would be very useful to upread the program from your PLC and check what happens when the tacho signal is received to PLC or follow the process of this signal to know how the output command s calculated from it
Bye now
G. Hossein Mazarei
[email protected]