Siemens S5 150U &S5 115H Compatibility.

• Thread starter Salai Kuberan E S, Manager/C&I
  • Start date
S

Salai Kuberan E S, Manager/C&I

Hi everybody,

The Vendor claims obsolescence of Siemens S5 150U & assures bumpless transfer to S5 115H (with minimum modification of Controller alone-I/O
untouched ).

Would anybody clarify over the compatibility of Siemens S5 150U & Siemens S5 115 H

TIA

Regards

Salai.

R

Rajendra Raj

As far as I know Siemens intends to discontinue the S5 series and replace it with S7.

Rajendra.

Hi All,

> The Vendor claims obsolecence of Siemens S5 150U & assures bumpless
> transfer to S5 115H (with minimum modification of Controller alone-I/O
> untouched ).

If you are really talking about a 150U PLC, as far as I remember, there never was one, there was a 150 A,K and S. The 150A & K were replaced with the 115U or 135U depending on how you look at things, and the 150S with the 135U or 155U once again depending on how you look at things.

I suspect you are talking about a 150H which was a hot standby 150 and never a great success in my environment, it can in some respects be replaced by a 115H but be very careful, the 115H lives on a CPU with the processing power of a 942, its hot standby functions were not good when I worked on it some 10 years back but in all fairness they may have improved by now. I am a good learner and will never use a 115H again.

I would suggest for hot standby you have a look at the 155H, the hardware is more pricey however you may well save this cost by the time you get the system to run properly. You may also find some of the 150H cards are compatible with the 155H, but I am not sure.

If you need more help in this direction, drop me a line DIRECTLY e-mail:[email protected] and let me know what you are trying to do and what 150 hardware
Regards
Donald Pittendrigh