Siemens S5/S7 PLC software

W

William Joynson

What software do people recommend for programming S5 S7 Plcs (win 98se), How much does it cost? and who should I contact? Please bear in mind I live in the United Kingdom :0)
Cheers Everyone.

Will

E
The Plc's S5 and S7 are manufactured by SIEMENS AG

For PLC SIMATIC S5 you must use STEP 5
for PLC SIMATIC S7 depend:
if your plc is S7-2xx the software is Microwin32
if your PLC is S7-300 or 400 the software is STEP-7

The software is distributed by Siemens,
however, step7 and microwin are full compatible win 9X.

Step 5 is a old program, run under win 9X. but under MS-dos window.

A good alternative for siemens package is ATS-S5/S7 from USA-software company

Regards

Edwards

F
VIPA has a software development package for SIMATIC-S5 & S7 PLC's that emulate Siemens STEP5 and STEP7 software for a fraction of the price. The MCS-5 Development software is used on S5 and WinSPS7 package is used for S7. If you want to evaluate it, we are located in the US, but I can put you in touch with European contact.
Email: [email protected]

J

Joseph Luft, FasTrak SoftWorks, Inc.

Dear Will,

You can obtain Windows based programming software for the Siemens S5 processors from FasTrak SoftWorks. Window 95, 98, NT, 2000, Me, and XP are fully supported. It is available for international purchase; we have many customers in the UK. A demo can be downloaded at www.fast-soft.com.

FasTrak does not sell a product supporting the S7 processors. This could be obtained from your local Siemens distributor.

Please feel free to contact me for more information.

Thanks. Joe

Joseph Luft
FasTrak SoftWorks,Inc.
[email protected]
414-358-8088

D

Dave Harrold

I'm in the process of writing an article on control and automation engineering tools and received a lot of material from Siemens about their Engineering System. Seems to me it would be exactly what you're looking for.

T

Tony Sizemore

Will,

STEP5 software can be purchased from your local Siemens distributor using one of these Order Numbers (depending on the S5 PLC being used):

S5 90U, 95U & 100U PLCs = 6ES5 864-0MA04
All S5 PLCs (some exceptions) = 6ES5 894-0MA04

Tony Sizemore
Simatic S5 Hotline USA