Siemen's S7-300 Communications

A

Anonymous

Does anyone out there have any info on on programming S7-300 remotely with modems or linking together multiple S7-300 processors on a MPI network? How do you structure messages?

D

Daniel Chartier

Second, if you want to programm through a modem link, I suggest you buy Siemens Teleservice program and TS adapter. Expensive, but it is the only thingg that works through dial-up with S7-300.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

D

Dobrowolski, Jacek

Hi,

To reach S7 PLC by modem and program it you could use Siemens product called Teleservice (if I remember well the name). To carry out comms between S7-300 PLCs: give to them different MPI
addresses, connect their MPI ports with the Profibus cable/plugs and look for the GD (Global Data) communication topic in the Step 7 online help - simplest solution if you do not need to send much data. More advanced is usage of the S7 system functions. Look for them in "STEP 7
- System and Standard Functions for S7-300 and S7-400" manual.

Regards,

Jacek Dobrowolski, M. Sc. E. Eng.
Software Eng.

A

Andrew Hawdon

Hi

Siemens have a product called Teleservice which uses a modem and Teleservice adapter to connect to PLC's on an MPI network.

Andrew

I

ing. Alessandro Tiri

If you want to connect a PC based on Windows to the MPI/Profibus Network you must use the Siemens Communication Processors and the Prodave library. To access remotely with a modem to the MPI/Profibus Network you must use the TSN Adapter. More informations on the Siemens web site.