Siemens simatic plc program

A

Allen-Bradley fan

To date I have been a devout Allen-Bradley user and have just started in a new plant that has a lot of Siemens plcs running. They run two different programs one is “Logo” and the other is “Simatic”. I need to find a quick way to search and find addresses inside the program. I would also like to know how to place forces into the program for troubleshooting. Also if anybody could recommend a website or manual on these systems it would be greatly appreciated.

M

Matthew Hyatt

You will need their programming software and siemens has an excellent website, you can download a demo version of MicroWin, Step7 V3.2 and use for tutorials and you can download the manulas you need, they als ohave excellent tech support - you should look up there website, get the tech support # and call them.

http://www.sea.siemens.com/automat/default.html

just for a start.

MJH

A

Andrew Hawdon

Hi

It depends if the PLCs are S5 or S7. S5 does not support a force function equivelant to AB.

Andrew

B

bi-lingual in Allentown

the key is the right-click.

right-click and select "Go To --> location" - that's the cross reference tool. if you have Step 7 version 5.2 then click the check box for "Overlapping access to memory" - this gives you a true and total cross reference of whatever memory area you are looking at.

for forcing (you must be online), right-click and select "modify to 1" or "modify to 0." if the bit you are trying to force on is not reset in during normal program scanning, it will stay forced. if it is reset somewhere else, it will look like nothing happened. if this is the case, put an xic contact around the bit you want to force, use an unused memory or data block bit (i usually have a bunch of these dedicated for this reason), and with this bit do the "modify to 1". it's a good idea to reset this bit on the first scan of the processor (OB100) in case you leave and forget to reset the bit - just tell them to stop it and restart it - assuming they can.

tthe F1 key is your best resource for help and learning. don't waste hours looking on websites (especially the Siemens website) for beginners help because you will most likely be searching in vain.

if you don't have step 7 v 5.2 or v 5.3 it's worth the $1000 bucks or whatever to get it.

F
Hi!

LOGO! is programmable relay with as much as 24DI 16DO 4AI, and a limited number of functions (64).

SIMATIC is the general name for Siemens PLC, there are three families:
S7-200 Programmed with STEP 7 MICROWIN (small PLC)
S7-300 Programmed with STEP 7 (medium PLC)
S7-400 Programmed with STEP 7 (big PLC)

If you want to have a look to the catalog go here:
http://www.siemens.com/simatic/printmaterial

Fontardion