Siemens Siwarex U module

L

Luiz Rodriguez

Where can I find wiring and software examples of the Siemens Siwarex U module?

My application requires the wiring of two scales (load cells) to determine the tare and net weight of the product during the filling process. I am using the Siemens TP170B touch panel to enter the weight setpoints.

Is there a special function block I can use to convert the scale load cell reading into kg, in order to control the filling valve? Which is the most accurate and convenient method to control the setpoints via the Simatic S7 software?

Thank You.

Can't help you with the Siwarex I'm afraid, but you'll find the "Scale" and "Unscale" FCs (FC105 & FC106) in the Standard Library. For reasons best know to Siemens they're under "TI - S7 Converting Blocks".

I assume that you're putting in your Setpoints with ProTool, unless the filling is exceptionally fast, it ought to be enough simply to compare the incoming signal with the Setpoint and check for ">=" then shut the valve off. Don't forget to get both values into the same format (REAL or INT) for your comparison.

Hope this helps.

Roy

For wiring you NEED to have the Siwarex manual (where you will find some basic SW examples and how to use “Siwatool” - the configuration software for the module). They might have an example for a filling process. The module itself can handle such an application without S7 (standalone application).

Go to
https://mall.ad.siemens.com/DE/guest/index.asp?nodeID=10022767=en

for a brief description and some technical details regarding the module. In any case, YOU NEED THE MANUAL.
If you decide to go standalone you might want to use “Siwarex M” that has some integrated I/O available.
If you want to have an S7 PLC than: you will need to read the value from the module, convert it to g/kg, compare with a constant (set by the TP) and control the valve. You will need also to calibrate the scale (using at least one calibrated weight). The program is simple relatively simple (if you a familiar with S7).

If you decide to do it and have problems, e-mail me at [email protected] (use “Siwarex” in the subject line).

ValRo