Siemens TP170B to S7315 processor

C

Chris C.

Alist,

I am trying to put together a system of Siemens 3 TP170Bs on mobile cranes. They are to interface with a s7300, probably a 315-2Dp processor, via industrial wireless radios. The requirements of the TP in the crane are they will display some recipe information as far as recipe name, layer weight, product, product setpoint, total weight, etc... The panel will also forward the some binary as well as numeric information from the operator to the PLC. None of this information is for machine control, just recipe selection.

Does anyone know if this can be done in the following configuration...

TP170B to radio link to a CP341 loaded with the Modbus Slave driver, having a total of 3 CP341, with a radio pair for each station. (6 radios, 3 TPs, 3 CP341s, 1 CPU).

The reason I ask here is that in the ST80 (2003) manual, the system interfaces tables show that the TP communicates PPI to the S7200 and to the S7300/400 via MPI or Profibus. It is not expressly stated that I can use a PPI for the TP to the S7300.

The S7300 has been chosen here as the engineering dept. programmers have been trained and are familiar with S7300 programming environment.

Thanks,
Chris C.

D

Donald Pittendrigh

I have been trying to get an order to do something very similar, I want to use a mobile panel MP170 to control a shiploader from the deck of a ship, I would not use the Modbus, it will not work very well if my experience of
Siemens and Modbus holds true, I had proposed to use a Satel Profibus radio and the Profibus interface of the CPU 300, the Profibus will only run at 19200 but the Modbus wouldn't go any faster than this either (at least I don’t think so. The cost of the Satel radios is less than a CP341 and Modbus dongle.

Cheers
Donald P

C

Corne, Chris

Donald P,

Thank you for the response and the information. As luck has it, there is a Satel representative in my home state. I am going to demo a pair of Satel radios very soon. I will let you know how the 315-2DP and the TP170B function through the radio, if you are interested.

The Satel system has some differences when compared to the DataEagle5000 in frequency (469.5 Mhz licensed vs 2.4Ghz) and max output power (up to 1W vs 100mW). My application has the mobile platform about 1/2 mile away from the tower, moving through a steel scrap yard. It also appears I can use 4 radios (if the data throughput is sufficient) instead of 6 radios.

Thanks again.
Chris C.