Signal Noise

A

anonymous

I will be running 4- 20 analog lines, along with possibly some low voltage (24 V) DI/DO lines in a raceway. I am thinking of running a Ethernet line in the same raceway for convenience, however I'm concerned with noise or crosstalk. The 4-20 lines will be sheilded, so my guess is there would be no interference. Is this a correct assumption? Thanks

I have seen what your thinking of doing in practice @ a facility I worked at. However you did not specify how far you intend to run them, if they will be run parallel, or if it is a divided raceway. If you are not going an excessive distance, and your shielding is done properly it will work. The manufacturer will "recommend" against it but I have seen comms run in the same raceway with HV/HA motor leads and it worked. I will say if you can use a separate 1-1/4" conduit just for your comms, following your raceway to your drops you guarantee a good installation.

S

Steve Myres, PE

That stuff is all pretty low energy. I've run a lot worse than that together with no problems. I'm sure you'll be alright.