SIMATIC PLC Program

N

Nijamudeen

Dear Sir,

I am doing a machine run/stopped time monitoring project for our machines through my Desktop PC. This project will help us, whether the machine is running or not and calculate the total run/stopped time for a month or year. And we do have around 15 machines in our factory. And I have S7 300 CPU, Input and Output modules and licensed SIMATIC Step 7 software also. In SIMATIC Step 7 software there are SFC2, 3 and 4 available for monitoring the connected equipment run hour. I have tried these SFCs for a single machine. But this is not working. In this regard, can you help me to do the correct procedure for to create a program? Or Is there any software available to fulfill my requirement?

I am awaiting for your reply.

Thanks,
Nijamudeen

D

Diego Montes

Dear Nijamudeen,
I work with siemens since 1996. I never use the SFCs you mention, instead I make a little minutes counter program. Easy, so I can write the example in AWL:

//First a time base tick, triggering a timer //automaticaly every minute
UN M10.0
L S5t#1m
SE T10
U T10
= M10.0 //a Rising Edge here every minute

//Now the counting condition for machine 1
U M10.0 //minute tick
U (machine running signal)
SPBN MAC1
L MD 20 //Use a DINT to count minutes
L L#1 //increase MD20 by 1 every minute
+D
T MD 20
MAC1: NOP 0

...That´s all. You can divide miinutes by 60 to get hours in your HMI/SCADA or simply look the register with a VAT in Step7

Regards,

Diego Montes
Siemens Certified Integrator
Motion Control Solution Provider

K

Ken Emmons Jr.

You could also have your machine keep track of downtime ina timer and have some database connectivity software (Siemens must have a solution for this...) monitor this timer periodically. I'd look into what hardware and software you need to have data collection from the S7 CPUs at a company wide level.

KEJR