SIMATIC S5-100U connecting cable

K

K.H.

I have difficulty to make online with SIMATIC S5 with connecting cable 6ES5 734-1BD20, I try many time to alter the COM setting from Set Manu, but still not sucessful. Anyone can advice me the problem?

You may have a conflict , what type of operating system are you using , also what version of S5 are you also using ?

Is your cable ok ? If you used PG 720, try to take out the backup battery, run the PG without backup battery & link with PLC.

S

Slawomir Telman

> Is your cable ok ? If you used PG 720, try to take out the backup battery, run the PG without backup battery & link with PLC. <

unnecessarily....

You can conect the cable 6ES5 734 1BD20 to COM2 (a small Dsub via converter 25 to 9 for RS232- {male - female}) and you must change in STEP5 com to sender 2.

Best regards
Slav

D

Danny Mannaerts

If you are using a PC with a V24-communication,
you have to select as511-communication.
If you are using a standard PC with normal COM-ports, you can not go directly online with a commuinication cabel from siemens.
An other possibility is a damaged CPU. I had it 2 or 3 times during my 10 year experience with S5.

S

Slawomir Telman

Danny Mannaerts wrote:
> If you are using a PC with a V24-communication,
> you have to select as511-communication.

If You have the STEP5 program (for example v.6.5 or v7.2) instaled on normal PC, simultaneously You have possibility to connect online. You must have a cabel 6ES5 734 1BD20 from Siemens
and/or converter RS232 DSub9/Dsub 25. If You must change com 1 to com 2 You must change sender 1 to sender 2 in STEP5. I think that the standard cabel to PG 720 (where exist V24) isn't appropriate to a normal PC, because a cable
haven't converter RS232 to TTY.

Hi, All

I already posted here, that I have well tested RS232/TTY convertor. It can be used with any of S5 PLCs, and SINUMERIK 8,3,800 series, as long
as with some CPs, used with S5. Cable is drawn for S5-95,100,115, but can be easily modified for any other PLC. Current loop is feeding with
internal source of PLC. RS232 side take unused lines for feeding. In most cases external power source is not needed (except those which has
very low current limit of RS232 output lines (less, than 10mA). Circuit is very simple, using pair of optocuplers, BJTs, and MAX232 IC.

Please mail me privately for circuit diagram, if needed.

(I am independent contractor in RF (St. Petersburg) with qualification of circuit
designer.)

Mike Virgiliev.
mailto:[email protected]