Simatic Step 7 data export

P

Peter Halas

It is possible to export content of data block in to the file like *.csv? I want to import symbolic names in to InTouch visualisation. I only find how export symbolic data table but i need export data blocks too.

Thanks a lot.

D

Daniel Chartier

Hello:

Try this method (suggested by Luca Galina, at runmode.com):

Open the DB and view it in Data View. Then, click File>Print, and choose "Print To File". For the printer, choose "Generic, Text Only" (you may have to install it from control panel). In Properties, choose Landscape. Now comes the tricky part: You may have to play around with the Advanced Properties a bit. I get good results when using B4 paper size. If I use a smaller paper (even though I'm actually just printing to a file), the text file won't always look right, and a lot of the tags will word-wrap.

Now, click "OK", and it will prompt you for a file name. Enter a name and it will start saving the DB as a "PRN" file, and you can then open it with WordPad.

To really get a lot of benefit from this, you can now import the PRN file into Excel and create a CSV file. Once you do that, you can do anything you want with the tags (sorting, deleting, etc).

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Hi Peter,

easiest way is copy-paste the DB contents from S7 editor to Excel, but you'll miss the variable address column.
A bit more complex method: print the datablock to PDF file, then copy-paste from PDF to Excel. See my description at http://www.runmode.com/usefulstuff.htm

regards
Luca Gallina

Unfortunately, it isn't possible. But you can still use the windows standard copy/past functionality. It isn't right export but it works for you.

Hi Peter,

the only possibility (as far as i know) is to generate a source file from your DBs. You can export that source file as plain ASII. It's no csv but you can pick the parts you need quit easy (maybe a little Perl script?).

guenter

C

Curt Wuollet

I'd love to hear their explanation for why they make this so difficult. I suspect it has something to do with making it difficult to switch brands.

Regards

cww