Simatic Step 7 Timer

P

Peter Halas

I mean creating timers in user FB bloks as local i.e. without direct global name as T5 but e.g. timer_engine_1.

Thanks a lot

Not by using the predefined timers of step-7, but if you write your own timer-handling functions, it is possible.

greetz
LargoD

As far as I know this is not possible. For this purpose we use time counters. This is only possible if the timers that are neede are not very critical.

R
You allways have to assign a timer.
Besides the options mentioned before, consider using the built in SFB (in the standard library)

A

Andrew Hawdon

You can use the built in SFB's in an FB using the multiple instance capability. This means that you can have multiple timer SFB's called in an FB and only require 1 DB for them all.

Regards
Andrew

I just finished up a project and needed the same thing. When you create the function block, in the local variable table, in the input block, you can create a variable, and assign the type of input to be a timer. It will appear when you drop the FB into the OB. At that point you can assign a timer T1 or T5 or what ever one you want to that input. I wrote one FB and used it 12 times. All I needed to do was change the timer on each use of the FB.

Try that.

Best Regards.