Simple? MODBUS Network

K

Kalvin

I am designing my first MODBUS over fiber optic network.

Here is what I have...

SCADA Computer - InTouch 9 by Wonderware
2 RS485 MODBUS enabled Power Transducers
1 RS232 MODBUS enabled data logger

What I want to do...

From the SCADA computer, I would like to poll the two power transducers and the data logger every second and store the data on the SCADA computer hard drive.

Background... a multimode fiber optic cable runs from the SCADA computer to the data logger location. Seperate multimode fiber optic cables run from the two power transducers to the data logger location. So all three fiber cables come together at data logger location.

Questions... I am thinking standard RS232/RS485 to fiber convertors will work at the SCADA computer and the two power transducers. The missing piece for me is, what do I do in the location where the three fiber optic cables come together? I am thinking someone must build a box to broadcast the poll message from the SCADA computer to all the 3 MODBUS enabled devices simultaneously. Is such a box available and what is it called?

Also, is it possible to get data from all three devices once every second (1Hz)?

If I am going about this the wrong/complicated way, please straighten me out.

Thanks.

R

Rick Pennavaria

Weed Instruments manufactures a device that fits your application perfectly. I am speaking of the EOTec 2000 fiber optic converter system.

You can find more information on this product line on our website at www.weedinstrument.com.

Please contact me direclty at 512-434-2917 should you have any further questions.

Regards,

Rick Pennavaria
Weed Instrument Sales Manager
512-434-2917
512-422-2905 cell