Simple Wireless Communication

S

Scott Jensen

Dear List:
I'm in need of a wireless communication product for a simple go / no-go application. Our large aircraft hanger doors consist of three independent sections. When a door move is begun on one section it has to request the adjoining section to "lock-down" its "man-doors."
It would work like this. Door A sends a single signal to door B to lock down. When lock down is secure, door B sends an OK signal back to door A. Same thing between door B and C. Communication distance would be about 250 feet. (Each door has its own GE 90-30 PLC.)
The doors are arranged like this. (Hope this comes out right)
--------------------------------->- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A
-----------------------------------> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - <------------------------------
B
C
We have six hanger doors. Three on the North end and three on the South. We used to communicate with IR electric eyes, but the constant alignment problems drove us nuts, and it is now in maintenance override.
If any of you have any suggestions for a simple RF or other wireless solution. Maybe an improvement on the optical concept would work.
This project turned hot real quick because of safety issues and I have to find an answer yesterday.

Thankyou ahead of time,
I really appreciate your input
Sincerely,
Scott Jensen
Boeing, Long Beach

[email protected]

If doors are motor driven, you may use same signal for respective motor activation to lock adjoining section man-doors. For transmission of signal, i suggest to use same technique for remote control of garage door or car alarm, using in this case one code for each door.

Victor.
[email protected]