Simulation software for Modicon TSX Quantum

• Thread starter Cristian Cerda Osses
  • Start date
C

Cristian Cerda Osses

Hello,
I need to find a simulation software for the modicon TSX Quantum, Automation Series. it´s for an application´s project. Can anyone make a recommendation?

thanks!

Modicon's Concept programming software has a full simulator for Quantum built in. Other options if you can still get it are Modicon's old simulator package, SimTSX. Check with your local Modicon rep.

CK

R

Robert D. Wagner, P.E.

Hi list;

Quantum Simulator is included with the Concept programming software.
Nothing fancy, but It works well for initial program debug.

W

Warren S DePietress Controls Sys Eng

SST makes a full simulation package called PIC - addresses I/O via rio ... software allows for simulation / process modeling, and "what if" scenario creation and testing

SST phone # 519-725-5136

K

Kevin Rutters

> I need to find a simulation software for the modicon TSX Quantum, Automation Series. it´s for an application´s project. Can anyone make a recommendation? <

Two PLC’s are required , both connected on a MODBUS PLUS link. The PLC containing the developed code has its Traffic Cop removed and is set up for PEER COP operations. A contiguous block of 32 registers is set up in this PLC as a GLOBAL Data Area which will be transmitted over the MODBUS PLUS network to all connected devices. The second PLC which is to read/write this GLOBAL Area is programmed using the MODBUS PLUS Master functions to firstly read and then write this global area.

The PLC containing the developed code is now set to receive this global information which is contained in the block of 32 registers as Discrete Inputs or Analog Inputs as required. The final step is to generate code in the PLC containing the developed code to modify the relevant bits in the GLOBAL Area registers to indicate state changes on Valves and Motors etc.

Hope this is of some help and I have found it very useful to debug large systems.