Simulator Software dynamics behavior

R

Robert

Does anybody knows about a software where we can simulate the dynamics behavior of gen-sets (with their controls)?
e.g. how does the speed change with load is added? How does the control response on load demand.

Tips how to approach this in order to develop a software like this are also welcome. I have only experience with VB.

Robert

If you have a process model you could theoretically simulate it using any program language. Personally I prefer to use SimuLink, which is part of the MatLab package.

I work with gen sets all the time. Simulation of the dynamics of a gen set at different load dumps, load drops etc etc would be impossible as far as I can see.

For example, every gen set I have ever seen will behave quite differently when tyhere is a 10% load drop as compared to a 30% load drop. Even 2 engines from the same manufacturer of the same type will behave differently.

You have to tune them on a test bed or on site.

Even altitude will cause an engine to behave differently.

Dear Mr.Bob,

Can I have your mail ID to interact? I would like to discuss on efficiency variations of DGs over the age and fuel used. alternatively kindly mail me on [email protected]

Thanks alot and warm regards,
Yogesh