Single chip RTU

C

CSN

We are trying to work on a project- RTU on a chip. When I tried to look on the net, I landed up with Real time unit, Roof top unit!!!. Can any one enlighten me on this.

M
> We are trying to work on a project- RTU on a chip. When I tried to look on the net, I landed up with Real time unit, Roof top unit!!!. Can any one enlighten me on this.

depends on wha tyour really wanting, I just saw some very innovative RTU single chip (or similar) type solutions in my last copy of Electronics Products magazine. Many have tcp/ip connectivity or some other type of interface, most are geared towards simple solutions such as reading a temp or a pressure for building control. Many are based upon 8bit mircroprocessor technology - which works for these applications.

Can't give you the latest details, but go to electronics products magazines website and check it out.

Hope this helps.

By the way, exactly wha ttype of soluton are yo ulooking for, I would be more tha nhappy to assist you in your search or a suitable product.

Technical Consultants
303-883-8538
[email protected]

I am not quite sure of your question but RTU stands for Remote Terminal Unit.

An RTU, is normally a means of data aquisition at a remote location. Data is acquired at a remote site by the RTU and sent back to a central station for analysis and control. Some RTU's also provide control functions as well - but normally not at the same level as PLC's.

I would assume RTU on a chip, would be a micro-controller that has a number of inputs and some sort of communications protocol programmed in it.

I hope this helps.