SLC 150

A

AHERRERA

I have a machine that is working with an old Allen Bradley SLC 150 and I want to change it for a MicroLogix 1500 or similar.

My problem is, I already have the program of the 150, but there's some instructions tht I don't recognize at all. There's the RTO and CTU instructions, I know they are timers but I don't know if they work in seconds or miliseconds.

Does anybody know where I can find the instruction set book for the SLC 150 or the "Personal Computer Interface Software" manual?

Thanks in advance...

D
RTO=Rententative Timer On-Delay
RTF=Rententative Timer Off-Delay
Both are 0.1 sec time base

CTU=Up Counter
CTD=Down Counter

The document you need is 1745-800
It's from November 1987. I couldn't find it on the web site but Rockwell or Allen Bradley may still have it. I had a similar situation with a old Panelview and they E-mailed me the PDF for the unit the next day.

I just converted a couple SLC-150 to MicroLogix 1500 about six months ago and it went like a dream. Don't worry computers are your friend!

The RTO is a Retentive Timer On-Delay. An RTO function the same as a TON with the exception that once it has begun timing, it holds its count of time even if the rung goes false. The accumulated value can be reset by the RES instruction.

The CTU is a Count Up. A CTU counts up for each false-to-true transition of conditions.

-mjv

B
RTO Retentive Timer On Delay can have an address in the range of 901-932. The time base is .1 second and the range is 000.1 to 999.9 seconds. According to the manual the desired time delay is entered in seconds using the SLC 150 software (i.e.400.0 = 400 seconds).

There are also special internal timer addresses which can be used with the CTU - Up Counter in order to program counter-type timers which can have longer delays up to 9999 seconds.

Internal long time base instruction 874 = .5 seconds & 875 = 1 second. Examine On Instructions can be used with these addresses to increment an up counter.
I hope this helps. If you have any other questions I do have the manual for the SLC 150.

Best Regards,
Bob Younger

T
I have done a few 150 to ml-1200 conversions. The RTO instruction is a retetentive timer on. It is the only kind of timer available on the 150 and requires an explicit reset. Timer addresses are 901 to 932, and the time base is 0.1 second, time range 0.1 to 999.9 seconds. The CTU instruction is a count up, valid addresses are 901-932 and count range is 1 to 9999 counts. This instruction also requires an explicit reset. You can translate the program exactly across using the logix RTO, CTU and RES (reset) instructions, but instead of using a 901-932 address, use a T4 and C5 file instead. A TON at 901 becomes TON T4:1. The micrologix does not use a 0.1 second time base, it uses 1, 0.01, and 0.001 second time bases so adjust your timer presets accordingly. A CTU at 905 would become CTU C5:5. For the timer output you would use the timer or counter done bits, T4:1/DN and C5:5/DN. This is the easiest way but you could rewrite the program so that you dont have to do explicit resets, but the program should be straight forward to translate.

The manuals are available for free download or hard copy purchase from AB's automation bookstore http://www.theautomationbookstore.com. Click the Allen Bradley logo on the left, then click search. Type 1745 in the item number field. You'll get about a dozen manuals.

Here is the users manual:
http://files.awdm.com/e-files/ra/1745/1745-um001a-en-p.pdf

L

Larry Johnson

I'm a first time visiter and as such have not yet registed with control.com. I believe I can help you as I have in my possession a SLC100/150 manual. The time base for the RTO is .1 seconds. This is a retentive timer and should have a matching RST instruction. The CTU is an Up counter and also should have a corresponding RST instruction. If you will e-mail me I could fax you a copy of the pages pertaining to Timers and Counters. It would be about 15 pages all together.

Thanks...

Larry J
[email protected]

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU. ALL THE INFORMATION YOU GAVE ME IS VERY USEFULL WITH THIS I THINK I WILL BE WORKING WITH A MICORLOGIX VERY SOON...

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP.
BEST REGARDS.

Larry,

I need a wiring diagram for the inputs and outputs on a SLC-150. Do you have any information that would explain this to me?

Thanks, Keith