SLC 5/03 Fault Handling

C

Chris

Just looking for a way to scan one rung of logic only during a fault situation. Does this exist on the SLC? No I'm not going to buy a 5.

A

Allen Nelson

You can enter a Fault program file number in S:20, just like in PLC-5. If the processor has a "recoverable" fault (see the help file for the definition of "recoverable" and which faults are recoverable and which aren't), the SLC will run the fault routine.

Put one or several rungs in that LAD file, and it is theoreticaly possible (though I've never tried it) to have the SLC keep running after a fault.

A

Allen Nelson

You can enter a Fault program file number in S:20, just like in PLC-5. If the processor has a "recoverable" fault (see the help file for the
definition of "recoverable" and which faults are recoverable and which aren't), the SLC will run the fault routine.

Put one or several rungs in that LAD file, and it is theoreticaly possible (though I've never tried it) to have the SLC keep running after a fault.

Fault Routine S:29

You enter a program file number (3-255) to be used in all recoverable and non-recoverable major errors. Program the ladder logic of your fault routine in the file you specify. Write a 0 value to disable the routine.

RSLogix 500 - Copyright Rockwell Software 2000, 2001

Below can be used to clear an overflow, rather than the processor faulting when an integer exceeds 32767 it continues. Ensure this rung is run on each pass of the ladder.

SOR XIC S:5/0 BST OTU S:5/0 NXB OTU S:1/13 BND EOR

Not sure this is what your asking but it may help to send you in the right direction.

Keith Bradley