Slow Communication to SCADA

T

tyrantb

I'm a having a hard time troubleshooting a new installed PC slow response to 17 SLC with DH communication. The old architecture has the 17 SLC and 2 workstation with direct DH card. It work as fine. But im trying to removed the 2 workstation and replaced it with new PC but im having a hard time to find a PC with DH card. So I use CLX chassis with DH RIO and Ethernet module as a replacement. I can monitor the PLC IO state in the SCADA but im having a hard time controlling it sometimes it is slow and sometimes the PLC didn't response to what i have inputted in the SCADA. Please help me guys.

is it possible to configure my Ethernet without CPU in RS logix5000?

Thank you!

G

Gerald Beaudoin

Absolutely. We ran for years with just a 1756-DH485, 1756 DHRIO to access the legacy networks, and a 1756-ENBT to allow Ethernet access to those networks. All of that lived in a 4 slot rack with no processor

Works just fine. Now we are slowly pruning the legacy (DH, DH+) processors and replacing them with Ethernet versions.

> is it possible to configure my Ethernet without CPU in RS logix5000?

D

David Ferguson

Read the manual, yes you can. Bootp or dhcp set in dip switches to get address and then you can access via rslinx to use for bridging or routing without a processor.

Dave Ferguson

Sent from my iPad