Soft PLC Cheap or Free

F

Fredriik Hogberg

Hi!
I'm looking for a soft plc to provide simple logic for a scada demo. Preferable free and at low cost. Perhaps a demo that will work without any I/O. A plus if it's simple as i'm not really a PLC programmer.

Some sort of standard communication OPC or DDE. to retreive values to the scada is needed.
Should work in windows XP.

Any suggestions appreciated. Theres really to much out there to take a look at them all.

Fredrik Högberg

Have a look at www.audon.co.uk/pc_plc.html. Here you will see DCIPLC, a completely free soft-logic ladder logic program. You don't need any I/O hardware to run this, as it has a simulation mode. If you do want it to actually control things, Relay/Opto boards are available from Audon that work over RS232 with a maximum I/O count of 32 inputs and 32 outputs. There is also a free HMI software package called DCIVISU which can have a bit-mapped image as a backdrop, and you can add labels which change wording/colour depending upon the state of inputs/outputs in DCIPLC

O

Orlando Charria

> Hi!
> I'm looking for a soft plc to provide simple logic for a scada demo. Preferable free and at low cost. Perhaps a demo that will work without any I/O. A plus if it's simple as i'm not really a PLC programmer.
>
> Some sort of standard communication OPC or DDE. to retreive values to the scada is needed.
> Should work in windows XP.
>
> Any suggestions appreciated. Theres really to much out there to take a look at them all.
>
> Fredrik Högberg

Hi Fredrick:
Please visit WWW.LT-AUTOMATION.COM.
You can download a free PLC programming simulator.
We have very low cost PLCs with ethernet/internet capabilities which you can can access from any place in the world . You can also retrieve your data to Microsoft EXCEL through DDE communications

Regards,

Orlando Charria
[email protected]