Software for Quantum TSX PLC

A

Alabi Femi

I am one of the users of MODICON QUANTUM TSX PLC. The primary processor is down and I would love to know the software of which the PLC uses for reprogramming/uploading.

Thanks.

J

Jerry Daveline

Quantum can use old Modsoft (DOS based), ProWorX, ProworX32, ProworXNxt and Concept. Be careful if Concept due to version issues.

R

Rafael N. Jacomino

You mention the "primary processor," hence it sounds like you have a Quantum Hot-Standby system. If you do, then the following should apply: 140CPU1130x CPUs can use ProWorx32 1.11, while 140CPUx341xA CPUs can use both ProWorx32 1.11 and/or Concept 2.6d. The Concept IEC logic is indeed version sensitve and there are other older CPUs that might require special attention. If you post some more specifics may we can nail down what software package you can use.

To upload the application at first you need to know, is there any to upload or isn't.

If the software Concept was used to programming your station ( I expect, because you said "Primary Processor" and it's seems that you have Hot Standby system architecture), then the last download may happened without "code generation option: Include IEC Upload Information".
If that's the cae: you can do nothing without the source code.

If your system was programmed with Modsoft, then you have chance to read out the LL984 sections.

Make sure about these, before you invest for any software.
With the biggest CPUs (140CPUx341xA) you can use now Unity Pro 2.0, which handles Hot Standby architectures. If you really want. :)