solution of a SCADA system

A

Ankan

If two operator stations are connected with two different plc, both them having different plc tags. Now in case if one pc fails I want to see the data of the respective controller from the another PC. But from that pc we should have supervise only.. we should not have control authentication. Is it possible.

NB: The controllers are SIEMENS Make.

Hello,

Those PLC's are linked by a network?( Profibus, PN )? You could configure OPC server on both PC's and if one PC is broken you could access the tags from the other PC. You could configure from OPC to have only Read access.

best regards,
Alin

Hello Alin,

Those PC s are connected via TCP/IP protocol. It is possible to access if I use install OPC. But is it possible that when that particular PC fails its tag should be seen by operator only but he must not be able to control or command.

best regards,
Ankan

Hello Ankan,

You could configure the tags to be read only and when someone wants to modify it, a pop-up message is shown asking by username and password. You could do that to individual tags or to all the project tags. You will have an OPC to every PC that points to those 2 PLC's. If one PC fails you will have the OPC on the other. You could use a central PC and you could connect your 2 PC's to that, but if that central PC fails you will loose the connection to both PLC's. Is is more cheap with one OPC server but it is not very safe.

If you have another questions, please write to me.

best regards
Alin