Source code for PID with autotune?

D

Dennis English

I am looking for source code for PID with autotune. This can be either free or purchased.

I am developing a microcontroller for temp control and don't want to reinvent the wheel with PID. I have not decided whether to use my own RTOS or embedded Linux, any suggestions?

Also, any recommendations on embedded linux vs embedded Windows?

i am also in need of code for Autotune PID. I am trying it to do in CODESYS software. if you have some idea about code plz help me.

C

Curt Wuollet

Hi
Somehow I missed the original. I haven't done much loop control lately, so I can't help with PID code. I would most likely do what you are doing and find some I can massage. On the roll your own RTOS vs Embedded Linux question, which I have pondered, the rationale is fairly clear.
If all you will ever need is an executive, deeply embedded app) or you need the lowest possible resource usage and you have chosen a lightweight platform, rolling your own might make sense. Buying or using one already working might make more sense if your constraints allow.

But if you can pick a platform with the resources, Embedded Linux will make development much faster and easier and very much mainstream at the moment. If you need even a few of the services, filesystems, communications, etc. that Linux offers, there is simply no question. Developing these on your own isn't the best use of your "time to market" at all. And the use of a vast garden of royalty free utilities and components vs being "nickel and dimed" to death and tracking a dozen licenses and payments is a no-brainer. The availability of source for everything is incredibly useful when integrating
and the open and willing community is a vastly underrated advantage as you can concentrate more on your target and less on having to know every part of the system. The days of developing in isolation, trying to unravel secret binaries
and reinventing the wheel are fading fast.

Regards
cww