Span instruments

• Thread starter Andre Pablo G. Fausto
  • Start date
A

Andre Pablo G. Fausto

HI, Is anyone familiar with span instruments?? They are used as pressure gauges (dial-type) for GE-Hitachi HVB Ckt. Breaker for air pressure and SF6 gas. I need to change this to provide 4-20mA output so that we can monitor these from an RTU. Regards, Andre Pablo "Apaul" G. Fausto Nayon Kontrol Systems 354 (44) Quezon Avenue Quezon City, Philippines Tel. +63 2 4485074 Fax. +63 2 4485077

H
> Is anyone familiar with SPAN Instruments?? They manufacture a special purpose pressure gauges (dial-type) for Hi/Lo applications There is a pneumatic output block mounted on the back of the dial gauge that interfaces with a Hi/Lo back pressure sensor, built into the bourdon itself.

The information I have regarding a part number is CPP-412-1,0 to 2000psi

Thks

Hello:

I have a similar situation. We have a Span Instruments pressure guage with NO/NC contacts to provide alarm indication on our nitrogen pressure system on a 138/69 KV station transformer (Westinghouse). Problem is, the guage is failed. I have just begun the search for a replacement and came up with your quest on the internet. Just thought I'd comment.

C

Christopher Sol

Actually, when I dug around I found that Tylan was acquired by Mykrolis. I have an old Span pressure gauge and tech support at Mykrolis was able to help me determine its capacity and connection type.

Christopher Sol

S

Steve Cramer

I used to work for Span Instruments 1992-1998. I was there when Tylan General came in and then in 1997 it became Millipore and years later we had Mykrolis and as of now it's Celerity in Allen Texas. Thuemling purchased the liquid filled gauge product line, such as the 2.5, 3.5 and 4.5 inch gauges, and I believe some other products too. The emergency gauges for the fire industry remained with Class 1 in Ocala FL. Class 1 was part of Span Instruments, but if I recall correctly Millipore had no desire to keep them and they were sold off some time after 1997. Celerity is still producing the dry 2 inch gauges, Transducers, Scales and the LR300. If you have any questions my email is scintx @ yahoo. com.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Power Generation 2
F Power Generation 9
C Process Control 2
K General Automation Chat 1
W Modbus 2