SRV & GCV valve calibration

G

G.Rajesh

Dear All,

How are you? While calibrating SRV/GCV, sometime it didn't close for zero (0) input. it closed only below zero (negative, say -1), what will be the reason?

Are you manually stroking the valves after calibrating them to verify the LVDT feedback calibration after calibrating LVDT feedback?

Are you using AutoCalibrate to calibrate the LVDT feedbacks?

What kind of Speedtronic panel do you have? Is it SIMPLEX or TMR?

What is the difference between position reference and position feedback when you have a reference of zero? If it's just a very small error, I don't believe the reference for either valve is ever zero; it's usually something like -25% or -40$ when the unit is not running or is starting until the time that fuel should be flowing, and then the reference moves to the desired position which is almost never zero but something higher. When 20FG-1 is de-energized, even if the refernce for the SRV is zero, hydraulic pressure can't get to the servo-valve or the actuator to try to open the valve against the closing spring tension.

What Frame size machine do you have?

What kind of gas valve assembly do you have? Is it a combined, cast iron gas valve assembly with the SRV and GCV in the same assembly?

This is only the command to the module. I think there is a margin up to +/- 5%, also check your LVDT.

charms,

Huh? What is the only command to which module?

Where is the +/- 5% limit specified?

How would the LVDTs be checked?

Thank you for all, we are operating Frame-6B & Frame-9E machines, this question for F9E.

We have Mark V for all 5 machines.

Yes, we are stroking manually to check the LVDT feedback.

Finally I am asking what is use of autocalibrate?