Stand alone Modbus master

B

Bud Buyer

Looking for a stand-alone Modbus master module, preferably DIN rail mount, with integral comm ports (applications for both Modbus TCP and Modbus RTU/485, Modbus Plus not needed), that can be used to swap process data between various Modbus slave devices.

I'm sure there's something out there besides a naked micro PLC processor/comm card, or a blind industrial PC running something like Advantech's A-studio.

Any suggestions? Vendors, where are you when I need you?

Bud

B
Why not use the 174 CEV 300 20 module from Schneider. DIN rail mount, small size, Modbus TCP/IP, Modbus RTU/ASCII, RS232/RS485. Modbus Master. Has it all.

OR, the TSX ETG 1000 Module. Also, small and DIN rail mount. It is a stand alone TCP/IP Modubs gateway module used to connect Modbus devices to TCP/IP network. Has built in RS232/RS485. Includes SMTP, SNMP, embedded web server and optional user website.

D
Try the WAGO Programmable Fieldbus Controller (Modbus Master). It is compact at just 51 mm wide and 100 mm long. Additionally, it is DIN rail mountable and offers over 100 digital, analog, and special function I/O modules to choose from. List price is around $400.00 USD for the hardware and $700.00 for the full IEC 61131 programming tool.

Here is the data-sheet:
http://www.wago.com/wagoweb/documentation/750/eng_dat/d081500e.pdf

Dean Norton
WAGO Corporation
1-800-DIN-Rail
www.wago.com

That would be great if it worked in industrial environments... throw in a VSD - bit of harmonics, and it stops working...

D
Bud,

Open Control Solutions is about to release a new din-mount product that does exactly what you need. Other product information is available at www.opencontrolsolutions.com, but if you email me your email address, I'll forward some pre-release product info for your review. My email is [email protected].

Regards,
Dave Walker