Status

C

Curt Wuollet

Hi All

I'm back and fighting valiantly to get some time on the project. A couple of things have changed for the better on the IO front. I was porting the dio48 driver from kernel 2.0 to 2.2. There are
quite a few changes and a lot of digging for info. At one point I needed to look at a similar 2.2 driver to see how thay were handling moving data from kernel space to user space, so I went to the Linux Lab Project to look at drivers. After some digging, I found a dio48H driver that had already been ported. As far as I know, the drivers were from the same code base and the difference is simply that the H card is buffered. This shouldn't impact the driver. I'm checking, but if that's the only difference, we're ready to rock. I wouldn't even mind the time "wasted" because it's good to really dig into this stuff periodically anyways.

Second item: Opto22 has decided to try and resolve the issues with their EIEIO Modbus/TCP proto. This is good news, but the timing is bad right now. Still, if they want to work with me,
I'll have to scrounge up the time.

I should know about the board driver by tomorrow and I might haul the Opto stuff home tonight if no other opportunity appears.

Oh, and I also received word that the Sealevel 8255 based board works with the dio48 driver. This gives us a second source for boards. When I get the ComputerBoards card up. I'll ask them
if they want to check theirs out at the same time. Lots of work but we _have_ to respond when vendors want to help.

Many thanks to the hardware vendors who want to see the Linux PLC succeed!!

Regards

cww

C

Curt Wuollet

Hi Tom

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The ComputerBoards site has been kinda unstable lately but I should get a manual and confirm it
this afternoon. It wouldn't make sense to break drivers just to add buffering although they may use a different chip or an ASIC.

Thanks

cww