steam injection

M

Mambo

Hello Friends,

I have a query about steam injection. In our Gas turbine power plant it is used for NOX control but at what load it should be started?

Best Regards

Mambo

If you just enable steam injection when you are starting the turbine, the Speedtronic should take care of all of the sequencing of warming-up the valves and starting steam injection when the fuel flow reaches the enabling fuel flow Control Constant (presuming the steam is at proper pressure and temperature).

If steam is not at the proper temperature and pressure when the unit reaches the enabling fuel flow, then warm-up will continue and once the steam has reached the proper conditions (all of the steam condition-related alarms will clear) then steam injection will begin and ramp to the required value.

I believe the enabling fuel flow Control Constant value is WQK0_E, or WQKE_[0] depending on which version of Speedtronic control panel the turbine is using.

But, the steam conditions must be met for steam injection to begin once at or above the enabling flow setpoint.

Thanks Mr.CSA for your reply.

I still have one doubt, is it not possible to start manually at spinning reserve, without looking at reference value. Because I see that the steam injection enable signal is active at Breaker closure.We got MK6 frame 6 here.