Step7 Programming Advice

O

OutRuN

Hello guys,

since I have recently graduated from my MSc in Automation & Control Engineering. Currently I am working as a Maintenance Manager in Lift Industry but looking to grow as a <b>PLC programmer</b> since this is what I am good at and what I enjoy the most (along with Process Control and HVAC systems).

I am forced to swallow the fact that if I got no working experience I am not getting nowhere close any job. Sadly I come from a country that is not Industrial hence I had to look online bla bla bla.

To not bore you with any more details, I have decided to practice on my own and solve real life projects, starting from small ones. and also start programming with some commonly asked languages such as RSLogix or some of Siemens S7.

So I managed to get my hands on a working <b>Step 7</b> version with PLCSIM included and I am using the PLCSIM(MPI) cause I don't have a PLC to download the PG to.

The reason I am here for is simple. I am in great need of someone that is experienced enough to give me small projects (preferably real life projects) that I can try to solve on my own and keep going till I can do more complex things (and get to a point where I can program fast). Also some tips on the way would be great.

I have programmed before an AC500 plc for an elevator project (in LAD and ST), a Siemens logo (not industrial plc) for my BSc Thesis, and have done generally academic work around PLCs where I have been very successful. Also my MSc thesis was on PLCs but it was theoretical (Representation of PLC ladder diagrams into Modelica).

Now I am not the type of a guy that would just put PLC working experience before I feel confident in what I am doing.

Thank you for time and I hope I would be hearing from someone anytime soon!!

Feel free to contact me from here or email me directly to [email protected]

Done that. you got anything else to continue? Also would be nice if u could give me some programs to debug.

Come on guys :) give me something to work on....

D

David Wilson

>Done that. you got anything else to continue? Also would be
>nice if u could give me some programs to debug.
>
>Come on guys :) give me something to work on....

How about an S-Ramp. Not the one in the library, write your own.

How about translating old equipment analog controls schematics to a controller that you have access to. I started with a GE MS5001 MKII
-9030 then 9070 Now MKVIE.

>Done that. you got anything else to continue? Also would be
>nice if u could give me some programs to debug.

S
Well, there's the ever-popular traffic light exercise.

You can also try an elevator. First do a single unit in a two-story building. Then generalize it to a universal N-story program (much less trivial). THEN do a bank of elevators working cooperatively.

Do your own PID loop.

But all the simulating in the world isn't the same as working real hardware on a real, responsive system with features and gotchas you didn't foresee. Try to get at least a small PLC and hook it to something real.