Steps to connect PLC/HMI to Web

B

Bill Townsley

I know this topic has been raised many times in the past but I haven't seen a 'simplified' version outlining the steps required to connect a PLC/HMI to the web (like a "dummies" version).

What I would like to do is how to be able to use my home computer to log into and monitor a remote PLC/HMI system. There would only be a couple of remote clients (mobile). What steps or hardware/software do I need at the plant end (PLC/HMI is a SLC 5/05 with a RSView32, single node) - pretty small system. Do I need a static IP for the plant (assuming the ISP will supply that)? Main purpose will be to 'check in' on the system from time to time. Dialup would work as well but then I get stuck with lots of long-distance charges.

Thanks.

The only way is that You shall install AB ROCKWELL web server for the RSView32,then you can control and monitor remotely via internet. Don't use method of Dialup. You could use ADSL.

M

Mehdi Hasheminasab

Dear Sir,
Nice to hear from you that you are able to make a dialup connection between your PC and remote HMI workstation. Would you please tell me how can I do that?

Regards,
Mehdi