STL to Ladder

I

Iainuk100

Seimans S5 STL programming to Ladder. is there a program out there to convert some code does not change with the Shift F5 key?

I am trying to program a GE Fanuc 90-30 but the code I have is in S5 STL and I need to convert the STL to ladder so that I can understand it.

T

thomas hergenhahn

If the code could be converted, the Shift F5 would do it.
All code in ladder can be converted to STL, but only some STL can be converted to ladder.

You can do many things in STL you cannot do in ladder.
Sorry.

As a general rule, all ladder codes can be converted to STL, BUT not all STL can be converted to ladder.

ANA

J

Johan Bengtsson

It is possible to do things in S5 STL that is not very easy to show in Ladder, you probably have oen of those programs.

That probably means you have to try to figure it out in STL.

/Johan Bengtsson

If the code was not written in the exact form for ladder conversion, the STL logic (though it works) cannot be converted into ladder.

C

calvin smith

good evening Iainuk100

It has been a while but, if you cannot convert it in the s5 software using the "shift f5 keys" then it will not directly convert to ladder anyway.

do you have a manual for s5 programing? if you don't then post some of the code you are having problems with and i will check my manual to see if i can make heads or tails of it.

hope this helps
calvin smith
[email protected]

C

calvin smith

If the STL will not convert to ladder them you will have to figure out what that block(s) do. That may not be very easy. If you will post the code you are have problems converting maybe i can help.

calvin smith
[email protected]

I have the same problem. I have PLC S5 and I want to use GE Fanuc 9030. Can you tell me please what you did to convert the software? Thx.

J

Jeremy Pollard

Guys - you can't!!!!! The promise of IEC-61131 is not there... yet??? The XML export may help, but it is years away... Talk to PLCopen.

Read my IEC 4 part series on controldeisgn.com. I hope that will help.

Cheers from: Jeremy Pollard, CET The Caring Canuckian!
www[.]tsuonline.com

Control Design www[.]controldesign.com
Manufacturing Automation www[.]automationmag.com

3 Red Pine Court, RR# 2 Shanty Bay, Ontario L0L 2L0
705.739.7155 Cell # 705.725.3579