Suggestions on using SteepleChase

K

Karan Manocha

I need suggestions and any personal experiences which you might want to share on using Steeplechase VLC 5.0...

L
> I need suggestions and any personal experiences which you might want to share on using Steeplechase VLC 5.0... <

The first thing you want to do is get version 5.2 if you have a valid ESS agreement.

Version 5.0 has a problem when you use the Modbus TCP driver for ethernet. It also will not display the ladder logic files after you create them.

I have used the VLC for several projects, high speed sortation (300fpm Matthews Shoe Sorter), Distribution Center Control (Interlake's Wallaby diverter & 500 motors), Oven heater control (90 PID loops), and some custom process machines for testing Firestone air shocks and Lexmark thermal compression bonders.

If you like Visual Basic, you will like the feel of the VLC, but the bundled CiTect HMI is another story, the cicode functions and programming language can really take up your time if you have to tie into SQL databases or go through the ODBC server utility (you have to do everything manually, no objects).

Good luck!