SY/MAX PLC Software

F

Fred Johns

We are getting some old equipment from one of our plants that is closing. The machines use SY/MAX PLCs with Mod. 500 processors. I am trying to locate software and a communications cable so I can make a copy of the programs in the machines. I think I need either the SFW375 or 374 software which is a DOS program. We have other machines in the plant that also use DOS programming software and have an older PC running DOS that we use to work on them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fred Johns
Day Timers, Inc.

R

Robert Willis

You should be able to contact you local Square D/Schneider Electric distributor in your area for pricing and availability. The SY/MAX PLC's use RS422 communication ports and you will typically need a RS232 to RS422 converter. Niobrara Research and Development (www.niobrara.com) developed a converter cable that has the proper configuration on both the RS232 and RS422 sides. If you already have a converter then you could make up the required cables. The DOS versions of the SY/MAX software will operate with the latest Windows software. The SY/MATE packages require direct access to the computers communicaiton ports which will typically be assigned COM1 thru COM4 with the appropriate IRQ assignment.

Square D Company developed a SY/MATE software package that would operate from within Windows. The part number is 8010SFW572.

J

James Warner

Fred,

I don't have the software, but I do have a couple manuals I was about to dump.

#1 - Sy/Mate Plus Class 8010 Type SFW472, 473, 474 Programming Software manual (Bul. #30598-322-01A1 - Feb. 1992)

#2 - Sy/Max PLC Troubleshooting Guide (Bul. 30598-502-01A3 - Apr. 1991)

You're welcome to the manuals.

Regards,

James Warner - [email protected]

Hi James, I need the Manuals you have listed below, I need to reproduce the program in Modern PLC. may you please email the manual to me or the link where i can download them

Regards makgopelo
[email protected]