Tag Naming Convention


Thread Starter

Peter Whalley


can anyone point me to the ISA standard that defines standard abbreviations for tag naming. I understand that it list things like TIC for Temperature Indicating Controller, PUMP for pump etc.

Are there other international standards which are similar or the same?


Peter Whalley Magenta Communications Pty Ltd
Director 121 King Street,
Email: [email protected] Melbourne,
Mobile: 0418 174 472 VICTORIA 3000
Office: +613 9615 3266 Australia.
Fax: +613 9614 5583

Vitor Finkel

ISA/AINSI std S-5.1 will instruct you to tag Instruments, but no Pumps,or
any other equipment. In fact it will also show you how to represent
instruments, includding it's tags on P&ID's and similar drawings.

Vitor Finkel [email protected]
P.O. Box 16061 tel (+55) 21 285-5641
22222.970 Rio de Janeiro Brazil fax (+55) 21 205-3339