Tank Farm Management System for Aviation Fuel Tanks

A

AbdallahHajAbed

I am working on a project for the design for a tank farm management system, and I am relatively new to the field.

Required:
A mechanical level indicating system for up to 12 tanks.

The system must be ATEX certified.

has local (on tank) and remote display (control room)

Tanks include underground cylindrical tanks (and the tanks are tilted one way or another)

The system must have internet connectivity and the ability to send an SMS. As well as a datalogging system.

I have the tank details in terms of dimension and capacity.

My thought process:
For sensing - either a float and tape or a reed-chain magnetic transmitter. I am unsure why the a mechanical system is required as opposed to something like a radar tank gauge equipment. Furthermore, I am unsure if the float and tape is suitable for a "tilted" tank.

For transmission - Float and tape solution can have transmitters attached to them and the reed-chain is a transmitter solution.

For monitoring the tanks - a remote terminal unit is required and a PLC with temperatures from the tank available to calculate density compensation for custody transfer. The PLC should be connected to an HMI that would include graphics of the tanks and all the alarms, level, volume calculations and data logging would be done through the PLC.

As for internet connectivity and "SMS sending" I am lost.

Hi,

To me it sounds like our Netbiter and our ultrasonic tank sensor would be a perfect fit. Our solution supports data logging/export, SMS/email alarming and visualization.

For more information, go to: http://www.netbiter.com/products

or send me an email pal(at)hms.se

Patrick