TCP/IP link with VME

V

Vincent QUILLET

Hi,
I am looking for a VME card to communicate beetween VME Bus (SBC, IO cards with pSos ) and HMI (Windows NT) with TCP/IP.

An intelligent VME card that map data to a standard TCP/IP protocol (may be ModBus ?) would be fine.

As a request of the customer, OS9 would be welcome as they want to replace pSOS by OS9 later.

My opinion is that a PC/VME card with OPC Server is a better solution but far from customer wishes.

Can we imagine that one day, OPC or an other similar technology will be on a small piece of hardware, easily integrated in embedded platforms
and PLCs?

Regards.
Vincent QUILLET
ASAlog
CD 6013320 BOUC BEL AIR
T=E9l : +33(0)4 42 94 06 87
Fax: +33(0)4 42 94 06 88
[email protected]

Hello,

Can you go for ge-fanuc make 90-70 PLC. It has a VME rack. also GE-fanuc has an ethernet card thaat sits in the same VME rack. So i think you can use the vme card and by some small program in the PLC get the data transferred from the VME card to the ethernet card.

regards

rajesh.

> Hi,
> I am looking for a VME card to communicate beetween VME Bus (SBC, IO cards with pSos ) and HMI (Windows NT) with TCP/IP.
>
> An intelligent VME card that map data to a standard TCP/IP protocol (may be ModBus ?) would be fine.
>
> As a request of the customer, OS9 would be welcome as they want to replace pSOS by OS9 later.
>
> My opinion is that a PC/VME card with OPC Server is a better solution but far from customer wishes.
>
> Can we imagine that one day, OPC or an other similar technology will be on a small piece of hardware, easily integrated in embedded platforms
> and PLCs?
>
> Regards.
> Vincent QUILLET
> ASAlog
> CD 6013320 BOUC BEL AIR
> T=E9l : +33(0)4 42 94 06 87
> Fax: +33(0)4 42 94 06 88
> [email protected]